Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the ... Read full description
Skin Type: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination
Skin Concern: Discoloration
FeaturesThis skin serum acts as a daily dark spot corrector, targetting visible skin discoloration to achieve brighter, more even-looking skin
Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this is the best dark spot corrector, as the latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks. Essentially, Discoloration Defense is a bundle of benefits your skin will thank you for.
- Features a harmonious blend of anti skin discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches1
- 34% average reduction in post-blemish marks in deeper skin tones2
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of skin discoloration
- 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of even skin tone
- Apply 3-5 drops of SkinCeuticals skin discoloration serum, twice daily
- For morning use, apply skin serum after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Lessen your skin's sun exposure while using this skin serum.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
An abundance of everyday elements—including UV exposure, prescription drugs, and some professional treatments—can trigger production of melanin in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers. This excess melanin rises to the surface of the skin, causing frequent and visible skin discoloration. Discoloration on skin can manifest in a range of ways, including post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches on the cheekbones, forehead, and upper lip.
Discoloration Defense is the best dark circle corrector, using a combination of potent and proven anti-discoloration ingredients—including new tranexamic acid—to address key types of skin discoloration.
3% Tranexamic Acid
This synthetically-derived ingredient decreases the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches. Optimal results occur with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid
Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. This ingredient is known to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
I recommend Discoloration Defense between chemical peels- this formula targets stubborn types of discoloration but is gentle on my patients’ skin, making it ideal for an at-home regimen between treatments.