Discoloration Defense is a layerable daily use serum clinically proven to reduce the appearance of k ... Read full description
Face Serum for Skin Discoloration
How it works :
- 1. 5% off every order
- 2. Adjust replenishment frequency at any time
- 3. You'll receive a reminder email 5 days before each delivery
- 4. Promotion offers are not compatible with auto-replenishment orders
- Learn More
GIFTS WITH PURCHASE
Up to $113 in samples to build your mini regimen, with purchases of $210+ENJOY IT NOW
Why shop with us?
Skin Type: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination
Skin Concern: Discoloration
FeaturesThis skin serum targets the look of uneven skin tone to achieve brighter, more even-looking skin.
Discoloration Defense is a layerable daily use serum clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this formula brightens skin and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks.
- Reduces the look of uneven skin tone, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of even skin tone
- Apply 3-5 drops of SkinCeuticals skin discoloration serum, twice daily
- For morning use, apply skin serum after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Lessen your skin's sun exposure while using this skin serum.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
An abundance of everyday elements—including UV exposure, prescription drugs, and some professional treatments—can trigger production of melanin in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers. This excess melanin rises to the surface of the skin, causing frequent and visible skin discoloration. Discoloration on skin can manifest in a range of ways, including post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches on the cheekbones, forehead, and upper lip.
Discoloration Defense uses a combination of potent and proven brightening ingredients—including new tranexamic acid—to address key types of skin discoloration.
3% Tranexamic Acid
This ingredient improves the look of uneven skin tone. Optimal results occur with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid
Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. This ingredient is known to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions